Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mothers Day

my first birthday
To have had the opportunity to become one, I am forever grateful. Motherhood is beautiful, its empowering, it breaks you and builds you up. It is a time of many challenges, it questions everything you know to be true and teaches you new lessons. It is a time of growth, doubt, servitude and contemplation. It redefines you and bring forth a clarity that lay dormant. It is like no other, they are like no other. Mothers are creators, nurturers, entertainment, an ear that listens and shoulder to lean on. Motherhood is something you can never understand through words, its an experience and journey that once it begins is consuming, continuous and infinite. You never forget the moment it begins and thankfully it never ends.
October 3 2008 ( Arielle, 2 minutes old, 8lbs 3 oz. 19.5")
July 11 2012 ( Evalie, 2 minutes old, 8lbs 3 oz. 21")
Arielle, one day old
Evalie, 4 hours old

I still marvel at having done this once and then again, I wonder if I'll have another chance to experience the time, anticipation, aches and pure joy of meeting your own child. I am thankful to share my life with these two little girls. I can only hope they value me as much as I value my mother.
New York , Spring 2013






No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you?