Thursday, August 16, 2012

Baby's Nursery-Part II



Once the baby shower was over and we opened up all the gifts at home, I was really excited and decided we  needed to take the plunge and finish setting up the nursery. It had the Mid Century crib, the Eames rocker and the Pax wardrobe in it which provided the bones but was still lacking the details to impart some character and warmth. So off I went to the home goods, target and poking around our house to find little things I could use I the room. The dresser was not in yet but would be delivered much earlier than mid-June as originally expected. So, we found a few things like the hanging monogram letter over the Eames rocker, the Ribba frames which will hold black and white photographs of the littlest one when she arrives, the frames on the shelf, the pink scroll bookends etc. I'm really loving the Chevron trend so when I spotted the yellow chevron rug at the Homes Goods for under twenty bucks I knew, it would give the room a bit of color without overwhelming it.We changed out the big grey fan and replaced it with a small chandelier ( not the one I wanted but still ok) and we replaced the brown curtains with white linen curtains instead of the ruffle sheers I originally wanted because it does get really bright in there.
















Over the crib there is a Flenstead sheep mobile; the baby blanket is an organic cotton with sheep embroidered into it. On top of the crib (for now) is the lovely Serena and Lily Moses basket . I chose the Oeuf changing tray in walnut instead of having an actual changing table in the room, it sits atop the Mid Century dresser. I bought the a few woven baskets from Ikea to store things in without cluttering the room. I had had my eye on this over sized ruler for a while and finally purchased one and it arrived just when we were starting to put things together.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you?