Thursday, March 29, 2012

Day Off

Theres nothing better than a day off in the middle of the week when I know everyone else is at work and I purposefully make an effort to loosely make plans to accomplish something that day but feel fine if I don't get it all done. Today is one of those days, Thursday..odd right? Who gets Thursday off anyway? I do! Although I have a lot that I can be doing, I have chosen to let my day be guided by whatever my little girl wants to do. This includes, watching mickey mouse, eating breakfast at least three time, building legos, nap time and later making rice crispy treats. How can I object to any of this considering that every other day consists of me rushing her through breakfast while getting dressed, rushing to pack her lunch and mine, rushing to get her to preschool, rushing to get to work and basically not getting home until after 7pm only to rush to make dinner, eat and get ready for bath and bed. I am also at the stage where I can't get enough sleep and crave sweet snacks (combination of trying to sleep with a watermelon sized belly and congestion from an early allergy season I suppose) so I am open to anything involving these two things.
I had a thought while we sat on the floor building our lego towers, what will I do when theres a newborn to look after as well? Both the normal weekdays schedule and my 'day off non schedule' will be affected right? I don't want to have to miss out on bonding with her but certainly the demands of a newborn cant be taken for granted either. I will strive to make it work. But for now (the next 3 months), Thursdays belong to me and my little buddy, and as it gets warmer, we'll hopefully get outside and play.
A. Playing in her room

B. In her room

C. Pretending to sleep with Dora

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you?