Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Week 27.


A. The baby nursery
I just received my weekly email from the fine people at 'What to Expect When You're Expecting' and although I do keep track of how far along I am, it became very real when I saw it in writing..I am 13 weeks 6 days away from becoming a mommy of two.. little girls. We're all really excited but for some reason, I am a little less organized than I was for my first..ok who are we kidding, I have nothing done!
By this time in my first pregnancy, I had painted the nursery at least three different colors, bought enough clothing to last the entire year (from newborn sizes to her first birthday party outfit), the nursery was fully furnished with the Casa Kids Ola! crib, dresser, armoire, a Luca glider by Monte designs, a Binth alphabet poster and more. We had already had a baby shower and received everything we needed from our family and friends and I had made the decision to use an epidural for pain (which I assumed meant I didn't need a class to learn about childbirth!)

 This time, I have basically done nothing, everyone assumes that since "I already have a girl so I have everything I need" and maybe I do but I don't know for sure. Its been 3.5 years and I have no idea what I have in my basement. I definitely have a bassinet which we will use for the first few months and I bought a few things from the Gap last week but thats it. In a way I am happy to not be so caught up in the material necessities and want to really focus on enjoying being pregnant (I know..this may change in a few weeks as she grows heavier), spending time with my little girl and learning how to properly prepare for a natural childbirth..maybe actually take a class this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you?