Thursday, November 8, 2012

16 Weeks Old


At 16 weeks, Evalie still breaks my heart every time I look at her and she smiles so brightly. Her eyes are like these amazing little lights, she's already perfected her "wrap you around my finger" brow furrow. At night, once in a while she'll wake up crying, it seems, just for a little cuddling and no matter how tired I am, I savor it. I breath her smell, I hear my thought against her rhythmic snoring, its the best I feel all day, I love it.

My little girl is also now able to sit up and for quite a while. (she already almost 17 weeks by now but last week she decided to sit up on her own!) I'm not surprised because she has been trying to sit up by pulling herself up for weeks now, she is very determined to be upright. Its great to see her growing but if course I feel my baby cuddling time slipping away. I can only hug her tight while she sleeps now because when she's up she makes sounds, she's sucking her fingers ( and drooling), she's very curious and therefore distracted by her environment. 
I have been wrapping the Boppi around her waist for about a week to support her midsection and I guess its given her the confidence to stay up. Also, tummy-time is working quite well, she rolled over abut a week ago but hasn't done it since, she doesn't mind laying on her belly anymore but she gets tired and does a face-plant instead of rolling over. 
It's amazing how much she's changed, she really looks like her big sister at this age the only difference is that Arie had a lot more hair at this point. Evie has shorter hair right now so I try to put little headwraps in her hair like the one she has on but usually she's wearing a hat since its gotten rather cold. 

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow - look at her sitting up! So amazing... she's gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Alice! Love your blog by the way.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you?