Wednesday, September 19, 2012

2 Months Old

At 2 months old, Evie is deliciously chubby, very smiley and just precious..I know I'm her mother so I couldn't possibly feel any differently. She actually was 2months over a week a ago but I waited until now so I could get the stats..its also a bit tough to get a baby ready for her close up..so we were just now able to get her at a good time to take a few pictures. She had her 2 month appointment with the pediatrician yesterday and weighed in at 14lbs and 24.5"long, she's healthy and happy. She smiles deliberately, she is able to recognize a few people ( me, daddy and her sister..) so she "tracks" when she hears our voices, she holds her head up pretty well but still is not a fan of tummy time at all. She is starting to "coo" and responds to us pretty well which is great but also blows my mind because I feel like she was just born..she was born 10 weeks ago! I'm still amazed. Anyway, all is well with the sisters, Arielle loves her but I do observe a change in her personality and the odd things she says sometimes which must be as a result of this new person in her life. She's got a lot going on in her little life with a new Preschool, new friends, teachers etc and of course a baby sister..so I feel like I need to cuddle her even more although it make it hard for her to leave me in the morning without crying. 
I had a "bad mommy" moment yesterday with her. After receiving several vaccines injections, I decided to take Arielle and Evie to see grandma because she was home from work (schools were closed for Rosh Hashanah). Once we got there, Evie was fine and happy, she then took a nap for a short while. When she woke up from the nap, she was not happy, she started to cry which quickly escalated into a screaming and kicking fit..I couldn't console her enough..I tried to put her in the Bjorn and walk around because she enjoys that but she cried even more, I took her out and held her but every time I bounced her gently she would cringe and scream even more..after about 25 minutes, I realized she was getting warm, red and crying even more intensely. I had never seen her cry so much before. I realized that she must have been in pain from the vaccines so my mother rushed out to pick up a pain/fever reducer to give to her. After administering it, she cuddled her for about 20 minutes and she calmed down. I should have known or at least been prepared for the possibly of her to have a reaction. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you?