Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Petit Maison: Part 2

After assembling the shell of the house, I quickly sketched out a plan for the house and began to measure out the fenestration. I basically drew them in lightly in pencil for all three sides and then began to cut them out using the x-acto knife. Its important to change your blade after a few cuts because otherwise you will either end up with really messy cuts or loose a finger or both. 






The windows made a big difference to the house, it now looks much lighter and brighter. The next thing I did was to start to adhere colored card stock to the wood for walls to divide up the spaces and give some color to the house. Arielle loves pink and yellow so of course the house is going to be pink inside. We started with these sheets. Basically, once I decided where walls would go and cut them down to size, I glued the card stock to the wood with sobo glue and weighed them down for  a little while to make sure it was smooth and fully sealed, then I would cut out any openings in the walls. 

At this point, I was ready to start gluing the whole thing together, so I removed the tape and glued the exterior walls together and then glued them to the sides of the bottom floor. The I glued the interior walls to the both the floor and the exterior wall which gave the house some structure and rigidity.
I thought it was looking pretty good, but of course Arielle wants to know where all the furniture is and why its taking so long to do..I guess I could have just purchased the three story barbie house!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you?