Friday, December 21, 2012

Modern Family// Christmas and Chanukah

Being the "modern family" that we are..(thats my attempt to be funny), we decided that this year it was time to embrace the goodness and really try to educate the kids about the differences between myself and my husband (besides the obvious..I'm Catholic and he's Jewish) and try to get them excited about them. So last week, he bought a Menorah, candles and started the first night of Chanukah off with some Potato Latkes and a prayer. Arielle was very interested and asked a lot of questions about it, coincidentally, we had been to a rather large Bar Mitzvah the weekend before so she had just been surrounded with hundreds of friends and family to celebrate her second cousin ( who was our ringbearer..)becoming a man!
Anyway, I was pleased with her level of dedication (and that of her dad) and very satisfied anytime the man cooks something..thats tasty. 
Anyway, we had our tree up early in December and as Christmas fast approaches, its filled with lovely wrapped silver presents delivered directly from the North Pole by the Elf who lives on our shelf and a lot of other places these days. I decided to jump on the elf bandwagon because I knew if I hadn't I would revert to just letting sleeping dogs lie and what fun is Christmas without a littlle anticipation, some terror over this elf watching your every move and some discipline on the side. So all in all, we're good with our modern traditions this year!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you?