Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Beige.

Four years ago when I was expecting my first daughter, I spent a lot of time planning and designing her nursery/room. I am an architect so of course I had drawings and photorealistic renderings of the room before we bought anything and everything that we selected had been researched and deliberated on. The process is no different this time around maybe except for my timing- I will probably order the crib and dresser this weekend but theres a 6-8 week shipping delay so I wont be setting it up until mid-May. What is different is my taste in decor and clothing, my daughters room is orange and cream (which we painted several times before we settled on a the shade) and filled with very colorful stuffed animals and modern decor. The entire room was designed around this Litto Silly Owl Crib Set which is orange ad brown. This time around, I am planning a nursery which will remain the color it currently is (taupe) and be filled with antique white mid century inspired furniture, frilly white curtains, chandelier, neutral colored piillows and crib set. I also purchased some newborn clothing all in off white and neutrals, of course a few things are pink because its almost impossible to avoid when shopping for girls but even still, I am not only staying away from color this time, I am also staying away from pattern.
The funny part is that my daughter's silly and colorful personality fits with her room so well that I cant help but feel like the baby I am carrying must have something to do with my new design sensibility..is that strange or what? Is she telling me she's going to be an extremely easy going, quiet baby with a sort of 'beige' personality? or even better have I become 'beige'? I like to think I'm pretty funny and outgoing..ok who am I kidding, no I'm not. I hate talking on the phone, it can be hard to get me to attend social events, I rarely order any other flavor ice cream other than vanilla, I wear black and grey most days...maybe I am really beige..My husbands calls me a 'Plain Jane' sometimes. This is something I need to give a little more thought but in the meantime, heres my design palette for the babys nursery. Too beige?
A. Baby Nursery Design
List of Items

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you?