Monday, October 1, 2012

Best Friends


Let me tell you 'bout my best friend...(singing)..
Its rather amazing to me to see how much these two love each other, one is almost 4 while the other is almost 5 1/2 yet they are like two peas in a pod. They have always gotten along and played together well but it seems like this summer, they have really bonded in a different way. When I had a baby my daughter stayed with my sister for almost a week and then they were over here helping with the baby almost everyday for weeks after I got home. These little girls demand to see each other as much as possible, so we've been doing a lot more together, now we are at the point where they cry inconsolably when they have to leave each other even after an entire day of playing together.

So last weekend, in an attempt to get them to stop crying, we convinced them to stop crying if we  agreed on another play date so they have something to look forward to...this is what they produced and they held us to it because its now Monday, and we spent Friday night an all of Saturday together..they will also now be in the same gymnastics class for the rest of the year.

Play date contract for Saturday
This makes me really wonder about my thoughts of moving across the country, it seems to me that living so close to my family gives Arielle a opportunity to really have built-in companions and I think she is happiest when she is with her cousins so if we were to move away, she would not be able to see them every weekend or anytime and although she may eventually get over it it will be detrimental I think. I remember growing up away from all of my extended family as a child. It wasn't so bad but now I see how much fun it would have been to be able to see my cousins more often. When is a good time for change in a child's life..earlier or later..how do you handle change? whether big or small?


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you?