Thursday, November 15, 2012

4 Months Old



11/11/12
Dear Evalie,
All of a sudden my sweet little baby, you are no longer a wobbly little body, you have gained enough strength to sit yourself up, you reach for your toys (and everything else) and put them in your mouth, you hold tight onto fingers..and bite sometimes. Its as if it occurred overnight, you woke up and now you are so aware of everything..when I leave and come back I love the light in your eyes and way you wiggle to show you are happy. When I put you down in your crib you always look around at your surroundings until you feel secure and then your eyes slowly close as you fade into sleep. I love the way you laugh when I make funny sounds. You also seem to really like the wooden toys hanging over your bouncy chair, you bat them and talk to them happily while I cook dinner. You still have the "I'm not impressed" stare on your face mostly but when you want to, you do flash a wonderful smile to most people. I especially love when you sleep, I get to catch a glimpse of you smiling and I know you are happy.

I often think of this song (Sade-The Sweetest Gift) when I watch you....
Quietly while you were asleep
The moon and I were talking
I asked that she'd always keep you protected
She promised you her light
That you so gracefully carry
You bring your light and shine like morning
And then the wind pulls the clouds across the moon
Your light fills the darkest room
And I can see the miracle that keeps us from falling
She promised all the sweetest gifts
That only the Heaven's could bestow
You bring your light and shine like morning
And as you so gracefully give
Her light as long as you live
I'll always remember this moment.

As time passes, I can only hope that as your dreams develop that they are fulfilled. I also wish that you and your sister nurture your bond and grow closer than you already are. There's nothing better than having a sister and being the baby sister, you get all the love from your big sister and learn from her as well. Your fascination for your sister is so evident, you sit and watch her with so much focus, its clear you want to play with her. And she adores you (for example, tonight she's asked to take a bath several times tonight even though she hates baths because I said I would sit you in with her.) I am grateful for every moment I have with you and your sister, it's truly the best time of my life. And you are truly the sweetest gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you?