Monday, November 5, 2012

Trick O Treat?// Halloween 2012

This halloween, we were slightly more prepared than usual, we actually bought our costumes three days in advance! Haha..when I saw the Obama mask for half price I couldn't resist and then when we spotted Mitt a few masks over, we were sold. We would go as Obama/Romney..OBAMNEY was born. A few minutes later Arielle decided she did not want to be a ferri princess butterfly anymore, she now wanted to be strawberry shortcake and baby Evie would be a pink circus elephant. The pink elephant was too big on her so we left without it. Once Monday rolled around and Hurricane Sandy hit we realized Halloween was not going to be a priority but by Wednesday afternoon, the kids really needed some time out and so we let them put the costumes on around the house ( we were at my sisters home because we had no power due to Hurrican Sandy). The husband and I quickly ran out to find Evie something and of course, Target had the baby in a bag pumpkin costume which was perfect for the chilly weather that evening. As soon as we got back we changed into costume and decided to get the kids out for a little door to door fun. It was nice to get some fresh air even though it seemed that people were understandably upset and a bit stressed out. 
They got some candy and had fun skipping through the streets. There were a few other kids around but overall it was very quiet. We had fun poking fun at ourselves, waved to a few people in our best presidential wave and went home. (I know I look more like Al Roker than Obama but what can I say I'm only 5'6" tall and just had a baby!)



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you?