Friday, November 1, 2013

Happy Halloween

We spent the evening with a dear friend of mine who is leaving in a few weeks to move to Colorado so although it was a great party, it was bitter sweet. The kids (and I) had a blast but there was the undertone of how much we'd miss them in a few weeks. Its been so hard to find friends in this town, and really find genuine people (in life) that are honest and really care for us so I was a bit sad but really happy for her, her husband and three kids to move on happily to a new opportunity and a new start. Her lovely husband got a great opportunity and so they are moving to be with him..
Anyway, for Halloween...drumroll..please..Arielle wanted to be a swan! yay..so I made Evalie a baby swan to match. On wednesday, two days before, we had no costumes and Arielle gave me the guilt trip about being the only child without a costume...really, my reson for not buying them costumes was because I was lukewarm to the ideas she had proposed..Sophis the first (princess on Disney Junior), fairy princess (which she may have been already)..so when she said swan I got inspired and then I went out and bought everything I could find to make them these costumes! In a few hours the first night we had masks for all three of us and then we stuffed Evalies costume and begun to attached the feathers. I also did Arielles skirt that night. The next night, we just did a little feathering and fluffing and the swans were born! I thought they came out darling..
Arielle's friends were spiderman, a pirate, a material girl and Darth Vader while the the little girl was a ladybug. Evalie road in the wagon with her for sometime but also made friends with a scarecrow, a fox and some other characters along the way.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you?