Sunday, June 3, 2012

Week 36


I cannot believe this little baby is almost full term..wait.. yes I can! I certainly feel like I have a 6 lb baby squirming around in my belly, she's still moving around quite nicely despite the lack of space. I do feel like I have gotten to a point where I have no idea how large my belly really is, I feel like its big and it just remains that way, I can't see any dramatic physical changes in size each week even though the scale shows a significant growth every time I go to the doctors and after todays appointment, it will be weigh ins every week until the end. Yay...no yay! I have also been struggling to sleep despite how tired I feel; the obvious hinderances include negotiating the babies size right now i.e I cannot flip over and need to because my joints start to hurt if I remain in one position too long, the constant urge to go (to the loo), a voracious thirst and carpel tunnel syndrome! Yes, you heard (read) it right, I have an excruciating pain in my hands all of a sudden this week that is now so bad it keeps me up, its gone beyond the prickling, pins and needles once in a while, its pain from my the tips of my fingers to my elbows. I am now wearing a lovely Futuro arm brace to keep it at bay. This will be the first night I have it on so I'll see if it helps.

In other Week 36 news, my waddle is unmistakable at this point, I am hot at all times and need some sort of sugar fix once a day which is really out of my character, on Sunday it was Cinnamon buns. I also had a craving for an ice cold Coca-cola the other day which is strange since I don't usually drink soda. I try to respond by eating a banana or having an Honest kids juice box but the little one knows the difference! 
The ankles are still swollen, at this point they don't ever go down to normal, they stay swollen or even more swollen if I walk or stand a lot like I did yesterday. I also have pretty intense Braxton hicks contractions very often and maybe thats nothing but I never had contractions with Arielle until the day I went in so thats another new experience for me.

At the doctors office today, I had gained 2lbs since my last appointment 2 weeks ago, when I headed into the room and the doctor came in she tried to find the baby's heartbeat and could not for a few minutes (this felt more like 20 mins!) When she finally did, she felt around and remarked that the baby was really low which was why I was so uncomfortable. She also said the baby was engaged "which is good" and that the baby wasn't huge ( this was a response to my question.."is the baby huge?"). Anyway, they seem to believe in just keeping their opinion and observations to themselves instead of divulging too much so I left feeling good enough. 

I still have a strong feeling she's going to come in earlier than July 2 but its just my feeling. I just don't remember feeling this uncomfortable with Arielle; don't get me wrong, it was uncomfortable but it was the size of the belly not the pressure (gravitational pull). At this time in my last pregnancy, I recall shooting hoops at the block party but this time, I feel like she's falling out already. I was saying this evening that if I could just have a break from being "this" pregnant for a week to catch up on sleep, look and feel better for a day or two then I'll have no problem getting to the finish line (or beyond). I say 'beyond' because, I wrote 'the birth plan' last night and one of things we decided was not to induce as long the baby and me were ok SO if for some reason she feels she needs to remain inside beyond July 2 then I will keep waiting and waiting..I sincerely hope not.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you?