Thursday, June 28, 2012

Week 40: T-4 days


So...4 days to go and I am carrying a watermelon that may or may not weigh 9lbs and YES she's still on the inside..living it up. I am fortunately not flipping out yet partially because I'm not quite 'due' with a capital 'D' yet and I keep looking back at the really amazing image of her at 31 weeks and am just reminded that it's real (the situation that is) and I can wait. I am however slightly uncomfortable with the carpal tunnel in my hands and my swollen ankles which makes it hard to sleep or stand sometimes.

Today, I have felt pretty good, I am a bit nauseous which is strange but otherwise I am feeling better emotionally but I think a good meal, a brisk walk and a visit to your stylist can work wonders for anyone! So we've been walking every night after dinner for about a mile in hopes that she will be encouraged to move south..and on out.

So, I've been using these apps as fodder for pregnancy progression and these apps certainly do not lie and now that I'm down to single digits, I don't even want to look at them, its all so final..its like its over before the show has even begun.  (By the way, check out June 29th on the babycenter app (on left)..who's getting a tattoo at 40 weeks pregnant?)..I don't know...I'm just saying! Also fun to see, todays forecast shows my due date and a few days after if she's late which won't be funny since its fourth of July weekend and people take their vacations pretty seriously!


But, quite frankly, its really the mental part thats to toughest, I am a planner by nature, maybe at times a bit obsessed with planning and control so its extremely hard to sit and wait for something so enormous with no idea when and how it will go down, its both frustrating and probably the most exciting time while pregnant besides going in to find out the babies gender.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you?