Monday, June 11, 2012

#22: Life

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/05/world/africa/engine-trouble-reported-in-nigerian-crash.html

Although this incident seems far from home to some, it is at home for me. I live in New York and have created a life here over many years but I am from Nigeria and often wonder what life would have been like if I hadn't stayed in the US and instead returned home after college. Our country isn't perfect but we have struggled and persevered through many hard times, we are resilient people with good hearts and strong will. I appreciate the safety we have here in the US but we cannot forget how fleeting life really is; while my heart goes out to those who have perished in this disaster remember this could have happened anywhere and been anyone, but today we are spared and get to continue our lives. RIP


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you?