Sunday, June 17, 2012

#15: Fathers


I have never really pondered how I would define a father, I know what mine was like but had really never imagined what I expected of the father to my children. I guess I had expected that being a father is something that you should 'just know how to do' but I realize as I watch the relationship between you and the little one emerge, it's clear to see that it is like any other relationship in life, it requires quite a bit of effort. She adores you beyond words and I know you do adore her as well, you will always be her favorite. As she becomes more independent and opinionated, you must continue to be her "dada", her cuddle buddy, her protector and a mentor. The latter is the toughest I think, its a challenge and I know no one is perfect all the time but as long as you (we) continue to strive towards being a good example for our kids, thats all that matters.

Just as I lament over the responsibilities of raising two girls, I'm sure you to have fears which you don't show to us but you must remember, you have two girls (almost three) who love and admire you and will always be there for you and look up to you. Happy Fathers day. ( I still hate fishing..by the way.!)


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you?