Thursday, May 3, 2012

International Day



International day in at my nieces elementary school in was this past weekend and pretty fun. My sister had to represent the entire continent of Africa, we served Nigerian food (jollof rice, efo, meat-pies, fish stew, nigerian salad) though and displayed items from as many other countries as we could. The funny part of the day was that I had agreed to do the fashion show, not myself but to dress a bunch of little kids in some of the dresses from my little store to publicize it to the mothers in the audience. The problem was we only had three kids within the size range that I stock which is 6months -4T. So basically we had a lineup that consisted of a rambunctious 2 year old Peruvian girl, Arielle (whose 3+), my niece (whose 5), my other niece (whose 8) and two of her friends who are even bigger than her. The kids did ok but a lot of the outfits looked too uncoordinated and apparently my husband found it tough to photgraph kids on a stage. In the end we all had fun. Arielle cried when we left ( she does this alot when she has to leave).

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you?